Sunday, March 30, 2008

Some ppl I like (but not all the ppl I like, LOL)

Before I go any further with this blog, I want to thank some ppl who, during the past year, helped change me from a newb into a more or less responsible citizen of SL. There are two Brits (or, more genteelly, English dames - French pronunciation, heh) who are extraordinary scripters and builders: Debbie Trilling and Melanie Milland.

Debbie (sometimes referred to behind her unreligious - not to say sacrilegious - back as Our Lady, Queen of All Particles) instructed me early on on how to use land permissions to maximize my enjoyment of SL. Debbie, an outspoken advocate of open source, is the origin of and is responsible for many of the interesting effects seen throughout SL. [visit the Exploratorium, Exploratorium (128, 165, 251); the Particle Garden ~ the Art and Science of SL Particles, Zebulon (98, 96, 26); Splo, SploLand (60, 207, 32)]

Melanie is a maker of RL corsets :), malls and dance halls, elevators, sex beds with prayer poses, and SL bots that behave like real avis. (She cloned me at one point, tho I haven't seen myself running around anyplace as yet. I'm told I remain in the parts bin.) [Goangeo Land management, Auric Mall - Clothing Art Furniture Bondage BDSM Beds Fashion, Auric (117, 91, 44); Elevate!, Auric (169, 131, 50); M-Designs, Auric (176, 119, 50)]

These two gentlewomen remain awake so far into the night doing their taxing but rewarding work that I have to believe that, if they are at all representative of the British population as a whole, traffic in England must be very light during the daylight hours. LOL!

Then there is Duggy Bing, a Lothario who uses his wonderful collection of animated cartoon animals for indeterminate purposes (which I guess Debbie could explain). [Cartoonimals, Comatose (209, 35, 251)]

Also, I must mention Magda Magnolia, a Second Life mentor and a person dedicated to helping. If you're ever in an SL jam, Magda can get you out, and you will probly get a really neat freebie as well!

Last but not least, Noelani Lightfoot takes REALLY good pictures at her Quixotic Photography and operates a neat gallery. [In Camera, Renovatio, Osterhout (15, 239, 549)]

No comments: