Thursday, December 18, 2008

OMG - It's Shrimp Arnaud!!!!!

A yummedy holiday recipe (and I will spare you any shrimp jokes...)

Hey, you can buy Arnaud's remoulade sauce from Arnaud's restaurant in New Orleans, and I'm sure it would be delish, but I came by my receipt fair and square from the Antoinette Pope School Cookbook (Chicago), my favorite source of recipes new and old (but mostly old)...

Serves 4-6

1 lb cleaned, cooked shrimp, the bigger, the better (2 lbs uncooked shrimp will yield 1 lb cooked)

Arnaud sauce:
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tbsp paprika
1/4 cup strong mustard
1 tsp salt
1 cup finely chopped celery
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh green onions (w/tops)
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
1 clove chopped/pressed garlic
Lemon juice/vinegar as needed

Put 1/3 of the sauce on the shrimp (or all of it) and refrigerate for at least 4 hours...

Garnish with parsley, and serve with crackers...

To my taste, serve with lemon wedges and squirt as needed...

:=P

No comments: